Hot New Diet Of The Month…
To Diet or not to Diet?
That is the question.
Personally, I suggest not Dieting, especially if it is the newest, hottest, celebrity, beach, zone, atkins, flush, no fat, no carb, fad diet that is making its way up this weeks “Super City” Best Seller list.
Well, below are a few reasons you may want to really take note of if you have ever been on or know someone who is always dieting.
Here it goes:
* To start, take the word diet. The first 3 letters are D. I. E. – I think that’s because every time you force yourself to follow one of these new fad diets, a small piece of you actually does die with the torture you put yourself through.
* The best acronym I’ve heard for DIET is Don’t Indulge in Eating Today. Not a bad concept if you are following the Law of Nutritional Frugality. However, most people that go on diets are totally unaware of this Law of Wellness.
* Most people that diet actually Yo-Yo with their weight. Meaning they make some drastic changes for a very short period of time like severe calorie restriction starving themselves for short term losses only to gain it all back plus some once they return to their normal “unhealthy” lifestyle.
* It doesn’t make much sense to diet. Seriously. If you were to just make small minor regular adjustments to your eating lifestyle over a period of time, you would be able to achieve the lasting results that you are most likely really looking for.
* If you have unhealthy eating habits to begin with, chances are a diet is only going to exacerbate the problem. Meaning you are restricting, cutting calories, fats, carbs, proteins or whatever you fad diet is telling you instead of learning to implement new healthy eating habits.
* Every “Ship to Your Door” Food Plan Diet that I have ever looked at has more toxic chemicals, synthetic food, colors, dyes, flavor enhancers and garbage in it than anything I would ever imagine putting into my body. (most likely the same toxic garbage that made you gain weight to begin with. Be sure to learn how to read food labels to avoid this trap)
Wow… I feel like I could go on and on with this.
Maybe I’ll prepare a few more for you later.
Now please take note… I’m not here to tell you what to do. I’m only here to assist in guiding you along your path and share with you important ideas, thoughts and tips that I’ve learned that actually work for everyone.
And you know what I’ve seen that works for everyone?
- Making small, incremental, regular adjustments to your eating habits.
- Eating more raw foods in their natural state.
- Cutting back on or cutting out man-made toxic chemical foods.
- Following a few basic guidelines of healthy eating principles.
- Drinking more pure, clean water and cutting down on the soda, alcohol, pasteurized milks and juices.
and several other basic tips that I will share with you later…
To Your Health and Well-Being,
Your Wellness Coach
P.S. – There’s really no reason what-so-ever to dabble with all of these different fad diets. Especially when its so much easier and “fun-er” to focus your efforts on overall Wellness for life-long, lasting results. Which is exactly what we do over at: