16 Important Functions of Real Sea Salt
Not too long ago we posed the question: “To Salt or Not to Salt?”
Hopefully, you had a chance to read that one over. If not, check out that short post here – To Salt or Not to Salt
If you did… Great! Then by now you should have made the switch over to real Sea Salts that contain all of the wonderful goodness that our bodies need in order to function optimally.
It’s important to remember that the only salt that the body can digest, assimilate, and utilize properly is unrefined, unprocessed sea salt or rock salt.
Being a “liker of lists”, my thoughts today were that I wanted to share with you one of these “Cool” lists that I found.
This list is on the Importance of Real Sea Salts in your diet.
So lets get right into it…
16 Important Functions of Real Salt in the Body
- Stabilizes irregular heartbeat and regulates blood pressure – in conjunction with water.
- Extracts excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
- Balances sugar levels in the blood, which is particularly important for diabetics.
- Is essential for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells of the body.
- Is vital for the absorption of nutrient components through the intestinal tract.
- Is needed to clear the lungs of mucus and sticky phlegm, particularly in those suffering from asthma and cystic fibrosis.
- Clears up catarrh and congestion in the sinuses.
- Is a strong natural antihistamine.
- Can prevent muscle cramps
- Helps prevent excess saliva production; saliva that is flowing out of the mouth during sleep may indicate a salt deficiency.
- Makes bones firm; 27 percent of the body’s salt content is located in the bones; salt deficiency and/or eating refined salt versus real salt are major causes of osteoporosis.
- Regulates sleep; acts a a natural hypnotic.
- Helps prevent gout or gouty arthritis.
- Is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.
- Can prevent varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.
- Supplies the body with over 80 essential mineral elements; Remember, refined salt, such as common table salt, has been stripped of all but two of these elements.
This list comes from Andreas Moritz, medical intuitive, a practitioner of Ayurveda, iridology, shiatsu, and vibrational medicine: a writer; and an artist. Founder of Ener-Chi Art.
As you can see, Real Sea Salt is Vital to Optimal Health. So do away with your health robbing table salts and replace them with some unrefined, unprocessed Sea Salts that can assist you to better health.
To Your Health and Well-Being,
Your Wellness Coach